Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Father In Law




This is a hard blog to write...
Edsel Farrel Haynie
passed away March 29, 2011 at the age of 85.
He left this world peacefully with a life well lived.

Dad Haynie is the first of my parents to leave this world.
This occurance brought me to reflect
on the true meaning of life
and the greatfulness of Gospel and it's teaching of
Eternal life.

I  am thankful for a Savior who also suffered death
that all of us will live again.
He promises us that if we live as He taught us
we will one day live with Him
and the beloved family members that have passed before us.

What a beautiful plan.

I am grateful to be a member of
The Haynie Family
and I love my father-in-law
and appreciate the life that he lived.
And look forward to the day we will be reunited.



His son's in law, Mark and Dave
and Grandsons: Brian, Thomas, Luke, Jarom, Sam and Alan were his pall bearers.
(the burial was a different day of the funeral and the guys weren't informed they would be pall bearers at the grave site and that is why they aren't in suits)

Dad was buried in the National Cementary in Santa Fe, New Mexico
He loved his family
He loved his country
and he loved his Savior.
Lea, my mother in law
So graceful in her love for her husband.
It was very touching to see how
she handled herself during this time.
A very tender but strong woman.
I love her.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about grams ... beautiful post. I don't know that I've ever seen that pic. I love it, despite the bad hairdo.

    ReplyDelete